Depending on your major and study level, you can find suitable Canadian scholarship programs on the following list of scholarships for international students.
- Humber International Entrance Scholarships
Humber University has many different scholarship funds, including Entrance Scholarship for international bachelor students which is one of the most generous scholarships, up to 100% of tuition. Scholarships are awarded each semester (spring, summer, autumn) every year (details of the number and scholarship amount please refer to the image below). Applicants will be assessed based on academic performance, social activity experience, recommendation letters, and aspirations.
The application form and registration link will be included with the email of the admission offer, inside the Welcome Package package attached when you have been accepted to the school. You can also go to the school’s website to refer to other prestigious scholarships for specific majors or contact a specialist at IDP for free advice on admission.
- York University International Student Scholarship
Located in the city of Toronto, York University is Canada’s third-largest university, offering outstanding scholarship programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students with outstanding achievements and aspirations to study. majors in arts, media, performing arts and design, environmental research, education, medicine, engineering,…
Some specific types of scholarships are as follows:
- International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: 3 scholarships worth $ 35,000 / year (Scholarships are renewable for 4 years, totaling up to $ 140,000)
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students: 2 scholarships worth $ 20,000 / year (Scholarship is renewed for 4 years, total value up to $ 80,000)
- International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship: 1 scholarship worth $ 15,000 / year (Scholarship is only awarded to freshmen)
- York University Academic Excellence Scholarship for International Students: 5 – 10 scholarships worth $ 5,000 – $ 10,000 / year (Scholarships are only awarded to freshmen)
Note that some scholarships are automatically reviewed, while the remaining scholarships need to be registered. To be automatically included in the scholarship review list, you need to complete the Student Financial File (SFP) – used for most of the school’s scholarship and financial aid programs.
- University of British Columbia Scholarship for International Students
Always in the top 40 universities in the world, UBC did this thanks to excellent international students. Every year, the school spends about 20 million dollars for scholarship and financial aid for students, including scholarships:
- International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) and Outstanding International Student Awards (OIS). IMES and OIS talent scholarships are for elite students who are first admitted to the University of British Columbia, but IMES is renewed for up to 4 years, and OIS is awarded only once in the first year. First. The number and value of scholarships fluctuate every year, automatically reviewed when you are admitted to the school.
- The International Leader of the Future Award Program (International leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) is for international students who have excellent academic results, leadership skills as well as stand out in extra-curricular activities. This scholarship is for all undergraduate majors at UBC, including tuition and living expenses.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award: Donald A.ehrung Scholarship is for international students with outstanding achievements from a country that is war-torn or not financially qualified. Scholarships cover the full cost of studying and living.
- Vantage One Excellence Award: Vantage One Excellence Scholarship for Vantage One undergraduates with outstanding academic performance and financial need. Scholarships range from $ 6000 to the full tuition of the program, even with living expenses, depending on your financial condition and academic achievement.
If you are unsure if you should apply for a British Columbia scholarship, do not forget that you can contact IDP’s overseas study counselor for free advice on the scholarship and admission requirements of the school.
- Carleton University Entrance Awards for International Students
Carleton University is for American students and international high school students to enter their scholarship, starting an application in the fall semester every year. If you are admitted to Carleton with the results of over 80% of the entrance standards as well as meeting the requirements of foreign languages, you can receive this partial scholarship package with a scholarship of CAD 4,000 to CAD 16,000.
In addition to the above entrance scholarships, you can also receive additional scholarships from your faculty. For more information, please refer to the scholarship list of the school or contact Carleton University directly for advice.
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF)
The University of Manitoba postgraduate scholarship is for students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (B +) to enroll in the full-time program of the school (except MBA). Scholarship value is $ 14,000 for a Master’s degree and $ 18,000 for a doctoral degree within 12 months. Masters students can receive UMGF for the first 24 months and for doctoral degrees in the first 48 months. Scholarships are renewed in July every year.
Visit our website for more updated information regarding studying in Canada!